Alpha Snapshot 4 Is Here!
We’ve got some exciting news to share with you — Alpha Snapshot 4 is coming your way on Sunday, February 19th for Android and Web browsers on Mac and PC. This massive new update is packed with features and improvements that will take your island adventure to the next level!
For those who may not be familiar with the Alpha Snapshot updates, they are periodic releases that introduce new features, fix bugs, and improve the overall gameplay experience. Each snapshot builds on the previous ones, so the game is constantly evolving and improving and we’re collecting feedback from our community along the way to Beta launch.
In Alpha Snapshot 4, we’ve made some significant changes that we think you’ll love. In previous Snapshots, players were focused on gathering resources to repair their boat and escape the island. But in Snapshot 4, we’ve made Alpha Island an even better place to be, so you may want to stick around for a while longer! Say goodbye to the old way of getting coupons by traveling to the other island, as we introduce a new and improved system to earn your rewards.
Let us introduce you to our newest feature: Events!
This is the first step towards our multiplayer gameplay, where players can compete against each other in different types of competitions.
For Snapshot 4, we’re launching Weekly Fishing Events! Compete with other players to catch the most fish or complete fishing-related objectives to earn points and climb the leaderboard. This event will allow you to compete against other players in fishing competitions for a chance to win Whitelist spots for our Genesis Chest NFT mint, as well as coupons. You’ll be able to see your score and rank on the leaderboard, and we’ll be tuning up the objectives weekly to keep things interesting.
Without being too technical, a lot of work has been done on the server side to create a flexible system that allows us to create new events without updating the entire game. Eventually, some of the events might even be created by our most active players, but we’ll talk more about that later.
Another step closer to the multiplayer experience! In this update, we’re introducing the ability to log in with your social media account so you can participate in multiplayer events. Your event scores, player nickname, and other information will now be saved on your player account. We’re gradually increasing the amount of data that is saved to your account, so you can seamlessly continue your island adventure across multiple devices and connect with your paradise friends.
We’ve also introduced some new characters, quests, and improvements to the game’s layout and user interface. For example, the F-indicator system has been overhauled to make it easier to see what you’re interacting with, and the inventory management system has been refined to make it more intuitive.
We know that details are important, so we’ve compiled a full list of the new features and improvements included in Alpha Snapshot 4.
- Weekly Fishing Contest: Compete against other players for a chance to win Whitelist spots for our Genesis Chest NFT mint, as well as coupons and other rewards
- Fishing NPC: Meet the new fishing character who will guide you through the fishing events, do you recognize him?
- Login with your social account like Google or Facebook.
- Your event scores, player nickname, and other info will now be saved on your Player Account.
- We will gradually increase the data saved on your account so you can continue your experience on any device.
First Time User Experience:
- Introducing Wally Bets from Port Ohana Welcoming Committee.
- New quests and Compass for finding the next quest location easily.
- Improvements to the layout of Alpha Island.
- New epic fish species has landed in Paradise Tycoon!
- Major UX update on mobile and browser
- Genesis Chest Mint & WL competitions
- Seeker of the Ham Achievements — the hunt for the hidden ham will return!
UI & UX
- F-indicator system overhauled to better show what the player is using & interacting with
- Indicator for quest related items and resources
- Improvements on how you use items
- Bug fixes related to storage handling
- Bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements to inventory management
- Other bug fixes and improvements are also included
And that’s a wrap! We can’t wait for you to explore all the exciting changes in Alpha Snapshot 4. Join in on the Weekly Fishing Contest and other events to experience the multiplayer gameplay and share your adventures with your fellow Tycoons on Discord and Twitter.
Lastly, don’t hesitate to share your feedback, report any bugs you find, and make suggestions to help us continue improving Paradise Tycoon. Our Discord community is always here to listen.
See you on Alpha Island!
Connect with Paradise Tycoon
Paradise Tycoon Website | Pitch Deck | Telegram (Discussion) | Telegram (Announcements) | Discord | Twitter | Reddit | Facebook